What is a Chamber Ambassador?
Ambassadors actively advocate for the Chamber, communicating the benefits, programs, and privileges of becoming a Chamber member. Through enthusiastic Chamber representation, Ambassadors seek opportunities to educate, promote and share the benefits of Chamber membership with the business community. It is an honor and privilege to be selected as an Ambassador for the Chamber. Serving as an Ambassador offers a great deal of visibility and builds credibility for your own business while generating stronger relationships for the Chamber in the business community.
Ambassadors gain business exposure by being the first to meet Chamber members and put their company's name at the forefront. By volunteering at Chamber events and attending Ambassador meetings, they are kept current on what is happening within the Chamber and our community.
- Help recruit new members during the year and assist in retention efforts by contacting at least one new member each month
- Attend a minimum of 9 Ambassador Meetings annually (Held the third Wednesday of each month @ 10:30 am)
- Keep your commitment, or find a replacement, when volunteering to attend events on behalf of the Chamber
- Attend at least 4 of our Ribbon Cuttings per quarter or 12 per year
- Present a professional image always when representing the Chamber
- Help to identify prospective members and sharing Chamber membership materials
- Demonstrate a desire to teach, guide and share and makes every effort to understand all programs, activities, and goals of the Chamber
- Represent the Chamber when contacting members, or potential members, on the Chamber’s behalf understanding that we do not sell your own business during those contacts, unless asked by the prospect or member
- Utilize a professional relationship approach building with potential and existing members
- Be supportive and positive of the Chamber, its members, staff, committees, programs, and events
- Be accountable, exhibit active listening skills, demonstrate altruistic behavior, and be a team player
- Focus on new members, guests, and existing members (not affiliated with the Ambassador Committee) at all events and activities attended as an Ambassador
- Attend one new member orientation per year
Grow Your Connects. Become an Ambassador.