Violence within the workplace is becoming a more frequent reality for employers and organizations. Having the skills and knowledge to prevent, minimize and address violence that occurs in the workplace is important for all employers and organizations.
During this special 2-hour presentation, presenters from Team Fireball, Homeland Security and SmithAdmundsen will discuss different issues and scenarios of workplace violence. Debbie Pickus of Team Fireball will discuss addressing and managing safety in the workplace, including workplace violence, Charles Dushane from Homeland Security will address active shooter scenarios, and Michael Wong of SmithAmundsen will address legal issues with workplace violence. Topics that will be covered include:
• How to properly conduct a threat assessment to reduce the risk of workplace violence and employment lawsuits
• Tips and tricks for effectively terminating a problem employee while avoiding litigation (or, at least, diminishing risks)
• Personal Safety Awareness: how to heighten your mental, physical and environmental awareness to reduce risk tolerance
• How to recognize a threat before it becomes an issue
• Hands-on learning of basic personal safety skills
• Information regarding active shooter scenarios
How to address and manage the impact of an incident of workplace violence
Join the Elgin Area Chamber and Fox Valley SHRM for this unique opportunity to learn from Team Fireball & Mike Wong from SmithAdmundsen.