As workplace violence seems to be on the increase, employee conduct and behavior are becoming more unpredictable. This seminar can help all levels of your organization with the skills and knowledge to prevent or minimize violence in the workplace. Join Ben Wesselschmidt of Sandberg Phoenix along with special guest, Megan Drohan of the Department of Homeland Security. The presenters will examine ways to administer an assessment of threat to lower the risk of not only workplace violence, but also employment lawsuits. The seminar will also include useful methods and tips an organization can set procedures for to be as ready as possible when workplace violence is threatened.
- Suggestions for managing the employee communication productively while lowering risks and averting employee lawsuits
- Steps and suggestions to prepare for disciplinary meetings with an employee
- Update on developments regarding concealed carry laws and other related issues
- Department of Homeland Security presentation of preparation for workplace violence including active shooter. Recognition of threats before they become an issue and responses to violence situations
- Interactive learning of basic personal and organizational safety skills