Managing all aspects of the accounting department including general ledger, financial reporting, process cost accounting, inventory control, A/P and A/R, and regulatory filings. Specific duties may include but not be limited to:
- Ensuring an accurate and timely monthly and year end close along with the timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
- Working with direct reports to establish performance goals and objectives for each year as well as monitoring and advising on their progress to enhance the professional development of staff.
- Maintain financial security by establishing and adhering to internal controls.
We are looking for an accounting manager who combines a background in accounting with strong organizational skills, the ability to prioritize, and to meet deadlines. You should be detailed oriented and have proven analytic and problem-solving abilities. It is also important that you display excellent communication, both verbal and written, as well as the ability to work well under pressure in a demanding business environment.
Specific requirements for the Accounting Manager Include:
- BA degree of Accounting or related Field, or equivalent business experience preferred
- At least 5 years of progressive experience in accounting and finance; hands on accounting experience preferred
- Firm understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, with advanced working knowledge of Excel
- Proficiency in a cloud-based ERP system
- Ability to work efficiently independently and at times as part of a team