Full Time Tax Manager
DPC is a full-service CPA and business advisory firm with a flexible work from home environment and an office in Bloomingdale, Illinois. DPC is a growing firm with many opportunities. Our firm was founded on the premise of a commitment to client relationships and providing a value, objective resource for a variety of financial, tax, and advisory needs. We offer a competitive salary with excellent benefits (including BC/BS health plan, paid holidays, paid vacation, simple IRA, FSA, phone, internet, and mileage reimbursement), work from home with flexible work arrangements, discretionary bonus twice a year, paid society memberships, training, and continuing education. Salary is based on experience. Our vision is to provide a fun and challenging workplace for talented people.
The Tax Manager is a highly specialized employee with expertise in the preparation and review of all aspects of personal, fiduciary, and business tax. The Tax Manager would be a hybrid professional who not only knows their skill set but is also extremely personable and works well with clients. The Tax Manager is responsible for organizing, applying tax laws, and coordinating clients’ financial information for the accurate, timely completion of partnership, corporate, individual, and fiduciary tax returns. Tax Managers exhibit the same positive characteristics as the rest of the firm.
- Ability to retain detailed knowledge regarding preparation and review of complicated tax provisions and provide recommendations on the tax implications.
- Ability to monitor and apply tax-related legislation and IRS pronouncements.
- Ability to maintain knowledge of tax compliance, tax reporting, tax research and tax planning.
- Recognizes client issues, opportunities, risk tolerance and provides appropriate guidance.
- Oversee the effort of multiple client engagements, including supervising tax planning and business succession engagements with the ability to manage to budget.
- Consult with partners, business, and individual tax clients on various matters
- Assist in administrative functions as assigned by the partners
- BA/BS Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field with CPA certification
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe, Prosystem Tax/ CCH Axcess Tax, Prosystem Engagement, Prosystem Fixed Assets
- Proficient in QuickBooks or equivalent accounting software
- Minimum of five years’ experience preparing all types of personal and business tax returns with a public CPA firm
- Minimum of two years’ experience reviewing all types of personal and business tax returns
- Position involves working from your home office most of the time. There would also be work performed on the client’s premises or Bloomingdale office which may require the use of your personal car with mileage reimbursement.
- Extra work hours (including weekends) will be required to complete business, individual, and fiduciary tax engagements. Most of the extra hours will be required during the months of tax season. Some will be required on or around extended tax deadlines. We are willing to allow a more flexible schedule during non-tax season time.