Customer Relations Clerk
The Gail Borden Public Library has a part-time position available in our fast-paced Customer Relations Department at our Main Library facility. The individual for this position must have excellent communication and customer service skills, the ability to problem-solve and analyze customer needs, and enjoy providing top-notch service to library customers.
Primary job duties include:
- Performing library material check-in and check-outs, renewals, holds, and customer library card registrations in accordance with established library policies and procedures
- Providing information to customers, answering questions, and being proactive with offering assistance in a friendly and professional manner
- Using technology and digital resources to assist patrons with electronic platforms
- A real “People Person”, enthusiastic, caring, friendly, and empathetic
- A team player who thinks quickly on their feet as decisions need to be made
- A self-starter with the initiative and courage to propose new ideas
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Some knowledge of library clerical procedures and practices
- Experience in a customer service environment
- Basic math skills and ability to alphabetize
- Bilingual fluency in English and Spanish preferred
18 hours per week – combination of days, nights and weekend hours.
Hourly Rate: $13.16 per hour
Please review the full job description and consider joining our team! Click here to download the Employment Application and save as a pdf file. Submit the Employment Application, a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.