MANAGEMENT ANALYST - CITY MANAGER'S OFFICE
The City of Elgin is searching for a forward-thinking Management Analyst to perform a variety of research, analytical, and project management work for various projects. This position is perfect for those who want to utilize their interpersonal skills and operational knowledge to impact the community.
GENERAL DEFINITION AND CONDITIONS OF WORK:
Responsibilities of the Management Analyst may include, but are not limited to the following:
• Responsible for managing and/or coordinating various special projects requiring a high level of analytical and interpersonal skills.
• Analyze and interpret complex or ambiguous data, and use independent judgment to develop recommendations, providing detailed program and data analysis.
• Lead cross-functional teams in crafting approaches to solve a variety of complex organizational processes and apply project management, human centered design, and innovation tools and techniques.
• Serve as a process improvement resource and project manager for internal city stakeholders, addressing a wide variety of complex topics and needs by evaluating internal processes and recommending policies and procedures to improve efficiency and effectiveness of operations.
• Research and apply emerging best practices, innovative service-delivery frameworks, and technologies.
• Prepare reports and presentations for City leadership, staff and community stakeholders.
• Establish and foster partnerships with staff and community stakeholders to advance City initiatives.
• Maintain records and data regarding assigned projects.
• Oversee and coordinate city projects as assigned on a one-time or on-going basis.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent analytical, writing and problem-solving skills.
- Have an established record of building strong working relationships at all levels of an organization.
- Communicate effectively, build consensus, and promote the exchange of information among project team members.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills and a proven ability to manage collaborative projects, prioritize, and meet objectives and deadlines.
- Knowledge of human-centered design and demonstrated skills in inspiring and motivating innovative thinking and solutions among diverse staff are a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Administration or related field.
- At least two years of municipal government experience.
- Experience implementing technology to improve processes is highly desired.
- Starting salary for this exempt position is anticipated to be between $62,798 - $72,697,depending on qualifications and experience.