Responsible for the day to day management of the Agency’s operational and programmatic grants. Assist in the development of grant budgets and coordinate budget amendments. Work with the grant specialist and program staff to ensure expenditures are appropriate to charge to grants, reconcile inconsistencies and assure spending meets donor requirements and deadlines. On a monthly basis, compare actual expenditures against grant budgets and collaborate with program staff and the grant specialist on grant projections and re-forecasting efforts including submission of budget adjustments. Track deadlines and submit financial reports to granting agencies as required. Preparation of supporting documents as required by funders. Responsible for all requirements with GATA. Review account reconciliations prepared by the staff accountant monthly. Assist in annual budget preparation. Prepare audit schedules for the annual audit. Assist in the annual preparation of the Schedule of Expenditures of Federal Awards, prepare and provide all related schedules and support documentation to the auditors. Cross train in all finance positions to assist with vacation schedules and openings. Attend agency meetings at the request of the CFO. Respond to AID staff questions/inquiries/notifications on any related matters. Other tasks and projects as assigned by the CFO.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- CPA or in progress.
- Three year’s relevant experience at a comparable level, public accounting experience preferred.
- Familiarity with computerized accounting systems, Financial Edge preferred.
- Experience and proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- High integrity, strong work ethic. Cultural competency;
- Ability to work with a diverse populations including those with developmental disabilities and mental health challenges.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple priorities.
- Strong communications skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrate the physical ability to perform job responsibilities
- Standard office equipment (telephone, computer, copier, fax, calculator, shredder)