Are you looking for an exciting part-time job in a vibrant community? We are currently looking for 2 part-time librarians to work in our Information Services Department at the Main Library downtown Elgin.
This position provides general reference assistance to information and research requests from our customers, both in-person and virtually. The position also serves as a Passport Acceptance Agent, when necessary, and assists customers with reader’s advisory. The ideal candidate has excellent customer service skills and truly enjoys helping others.
- MLS or MLIS from an ALA-accredited library school.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with technology such as Microsoft Office, smartphones, tablets, screen casting
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing practices, workflows, and routines
- Understanding and practice of ALA’s Code of Ethics.
- Public library experience desirable.
- Ability to complete annual passport acceptance certification and ongoing training.
Additional requirements specified by the U.S. Department of State to perform as a Passport Acceptance Agent:
- U.S. citizen or a U.S. non-citizen national
- 18 years of age or older
Does not have a record of either: (i) A Federal or State felony conviction; or (ii) A misdemeanor conviction for crimes involving moral turpitude or breach of trust, including but not limited to embezzlement, identity theft, misappropriation, document fraud, drug offenses, or dishonesty in carrying out a responsibility involving public trust.
18 hours per week; schedule includes days, evenings, and weekend hours.
Open Until Filled
To Apply → Please review the full job description and consider joining our team! Click here to download the Employment Application and save as a pdf file. Submit the Employment Application, a cover letter, and a resume to → firstname.lastname@example.org.