Colony Display is in search of a Maintenance Technician to support our production sites in Elgin and Batavia, IL. Successful candidate will be required to perform a wide range of maintenance requests tasked at our facilities, including by not limited to the installation of machinery, technical support, and troubleshooting, and administering repairs based on industry standards and safety standards established the company or regulatory agencies. In addition, the candidate will be nimble and versed at performing a gamut functions, such as plumbing, electrical and carpentry functions. Attention to detail is key in this role and requires a candidate who is proactive at detecting maintenance concerns and bringing them to the attention of the Facilities Manager, to which they report.
- Conduct routine maintenance at Colony Display buildings such as repairing structural damage, for example, window, door, or wall repairs.
- Utilize mechanic skills including servicing mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment.
- Perform a gamut of plumbing, electrical, and carpentry functions.
- Working on damaged electrical wiring or equipment up to 480 volts.
- Heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) repair and service.
- Manage diagnostic testing on open service orders, when required, to replace/repair parts, and adjust as required.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and perform required maintenance and service as outlined by manufacturers specifications and suggested maintenance standards.
- Complete emergency/unscheduled repairs as they arise to facilities or production equipment to ensure a swift return to regular business operations.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters, and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material, and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
These are illustrative duties, and the job holder will be expected to become involved in a range of work to enable the department to respond effectively to the requirements of the Company.Requirements
- High school diploma/GED and completion of a craft apprenticeship, or an equivalent number of years of education and production maintenance experience.
- 4+ years of building and manufacturing experience, including, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, and general facilities repair.
- Prior electrical experience working with up to 480 volts
- Background check and drug screening required.
- Position is physically demanding and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing up to 10 hours per day.
- Frequently requires the moving or lifting of items up to 50 lbs. (23 kg).
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Bilingual in Spanish is outstanding.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Colony Display, LLC embraces diversity and sees us in the business to improve the state of our world. All of us has the responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workspaces. We are committed to creating a diverse workforce that reflects society through inclusive initiatives such as equal pay, inclusive benefits, and more. Colony Display is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran, or disability status. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified candidates with disabilities in the employment application process. Colony Display is proud to welcome all. If you have an accommodation request, please contact Human Resources at 847-818-6988 or by email at HR@colonydisplay.com at least one week in advance of your interview.