Credit Counselor - Elgin
Come and be part of a non-profit team that is dedicated to making a difference in the financial lives of others! We do the training to get you Certified in Credit Counseling and Housing Counseling. This position would involve mainly working in our Elgin Office with some work from home possible. The initial training courses and first 60 days of counseling will take place in our Woodstock office. Once fully trained, attendance at our main location in Woodstock will be required for monthly meetings and on-going trainings. Paid job training is provided!
As a Credit Counselor You Will:
- Conduct one-on-one counseling appointments with clients to help them with personal budgets, saving, and managing debt.
- Assist clients with Housing knowledge and alternatives to foreclosure or eviction.
- Perform financial interviews, which include reviewing client information, income and expenses.
- Analyze the client's financial situation and then provide a targeted solution for successful debt management.
- Implement actionable plans that include debt repayment strategies, money saving opportunities, and referral to other resources and social services.
- Provide personal attention to each client in a professional, compassionate, and responsible manner, while providing utmost care for customer service.
Successful Candidate Should Possess the Following:
- A positive attitude and desire to help others.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills, ability to navigate client database.
- Previous knowledge of personal finance, credit, and/or banking. An ability to work with numbers.
- Efficient and motivated and enjoy working with people
- Hours: 32-40 hours /week
- Associates Degree or experience preferred
- Finance or Like: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Social Services or other counseling: 1 year (preferred)
- Bi-lingual a plus, but not required
- Generous paid time off
- Monthly Health Stipend
- Premium Dental Insurance Plan
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include a copy of your resume.