Direct Support Professional (DSP/CNA)- Residential
The Association for Individual Development (AID) has been serving people with disabilities since 1961. We are a nonprofit organization providing direct client care services for people with developmental, intellectual, and behavioral health needs. Our Direct Support Professionals (DSP/CNA) work directly with clients in group homes.
AID is always on the lookout for the best talent, and we offer a variety of aide positions, schedules, and opportunities for career advancement. Positions require a high school diploma or equivalent, and we provide paid training opportunities to help further your career.
What will we offer?
- Holiday pay
- Paid time off
- Full-time or part-time schedules
- Paid training
- Tuition reimbursement
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Employer-paid life insurance plan
- Employer-paid short-term & long-term disability plan
- Retirement plan
- Employer-paid critical illness plan
What will you be doing?
- Helping to plan goals for clients with the help of a case manager
- Making daily reports of service for clients
- Assuring client rights, dignity, and privacy
- Keeping a clean and safe space for clients
- Following policies to make sure quality care is given
- Assisting with or preparing meals
- Assisting clients with self-help skills
- Taking clients on community outings
- Assisting clients with medication
What will you offer?
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- A valid Illinois driver’s license and car insurance
- Previous experience working with people with disabilities (preferred)
- For some DSP positions, a combination of education and experience is required
What are the other requirements?
- Use of stairs
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Keeping up on training and certificates, as required
- The use of your personal vehicle or agency vehicles to transport clients
- Completion of DHS-approved DSP training, if not already obtained (provided by AID)
If we seem like a good fit, join our growing team of kind, hardworking, and caring people! Start your path toward a great career that you can be proud of. Just click the apply button to start your path to a meaningful career!
Association for Individual DevelopmentNathan Sands