Well Child Center (WCC) is an Elgin based nonprofit dedicated to improving the lives of children and families through education, counseling, and services in nutrition and pediatric dental health. We are currently seeking an Executive Director. The Executive Director provides leadership, direction, and support to the Board of Directors in developing organizational goals, attaining/allocating resources, and establishing agency policies. Additionally, provides leadership and direction to staff in carrying out key roles assigned to them.
• Assure that the organization has a long-range strategy which achieves its mission, and toward which it makes consistent and timely progress.
• Identify, recruit and develop effective board members.
• Maintain official records and documents, and ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
• Be responsible for the recruitment, employment, and release of all personnel, both paid staff and volunteers.
• Work with staff and board in preparing a budget; ensure that WCC operates within budget guidelines.
• Ensure that the annual budget is funded and WCC has adequate cash flow.
• Establish and maintain collaborative partnerships with other community organizations.
• Ensure development, implementation and monitoring of plans for updating existing technology and resources.
• Jointly, with the president and secretary of the Board of Directors, conduct official correspondence of the organization, and execute legal documents.
• Prepare documents and work with auditors for annual audits.
• Develop and track grant proposals and reports to corporate, foundation and government funders.
• Develop marketing and fundraising plans.
• A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, advanced degree is preferred.
• Five or more years senior nonprofit management experience.
• Knowledge of leadership and management principles as they relate to nonprofit/voluntary organizations.
• Knowledge of human resources management.
• Budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, and reporting.
• Strong organizational skills, including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation.
• Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to nonprofit sector.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Leadership skills, including negotiation, problem solving and decision making.
• Basic knowledge of asset management including financial resources and property.
If you are qualified and interested please send your resume to Board President, Mark Ainley firstname.lastname@example.org