The Manager is responsible to provide guidance and direction to clients, staff, family members and other stakeholders involved in the program. The Manager is in charge of the overall coordination of the client’s individual service plan and the implementation of all aspects approved by the clinical team. The caseloads assigned may include residential/community/day program client’s .The Manger is responsible for the hiring, monitoring and discipline of staff assigned. The Manger must assure that all aspects of community living comply with all applicable local, state federal regulations and the standards of operation for AID. The Manager job requires on -call responsibilities to assure quality services 24 hours a day/7 days a week. On call rotation of teams will be required and established.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services or Master Preferred
- QIDP Certificate Required
- DSP Certificate Required
- DSP/Medication Certificate Required
- CPR/First AID
- 2-4 year of experience working directly with individuals with intellectual disabilities.
- Two years supervisory experience preferred.
- Caseloads may include residential/community/day program clients