We are seeking a Purchasing Agent for our team located in Elgin, IL!
Under the direction of the purchasing manager, the purchasing agent will be responsible for entry and overseeing of purchase orders, returns, shipping, receiving, handling materials, and vendor relations. The ideal candidate must have the ability to work with and handle electrical materials and be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, working on multiple projects a day.
Our ideal Purchasing Agent is a career-minded individual, with strong team ideals and the desire to have a positive impact on the financial growth and profits of the company.
- supports the overall purchasing activities in support of the project managers, estimators, field projects as well as internal purchasing requirements
- Fielding high volume material requests supporting field personnel and projects
- Requests for pricing, auditing quotes for accuracy in both cost and specific material requirements
- Issuing purchase orders, scheduling for the timely arrival of materials to our respective nation-wide work site
- Process purchase orders, change orders and notices to proceed
- Create submittal packages for our customers
- Create and maintain files
- Research invoice or purchase order issues as needed
- Supporting field operations
- Prepare pricing for equipment and material for bid packages
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment without compromising safety
- Ability to handle electrical materials
- Ability to complete routine shipping and receiving process
- Understanding of the role of procurement and how procurement creates value for the company
- Proficiency in manipulating basic reports and spreadsheets
- Attention to detail and organizational skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Strong team focus
- Industrial Electrical industry material experience required
- Understanding of the role of vendors and how it creates value within the business
- quantitative and analytical skills
- excellent oral and written communication skills
- Basic skills in using Microsoft Office suite, particularly Word, Outlook and Excel
We offer our team members a comprehensive employment package which includes:
- Career growth opportunities
- Strong safety culture with training
- Competitive wage(s)
- Performance-based bonus eligibility
- 401(k) plan w/ company match up to 4%
- Paid sick time
- Paid vacation time
- Eligibility for health benefits which includes:
- Medical insurance – shared cost
- Company paid dental insurance
- Company paid vision insurance
- Company paid life insurance and AD&D insurance
- Company paid short term disability insurance
- Optional life insurance for you, your spouse and children
- Optional long term disability insurance
- Annual recycle bonus eligibility
- Tuition reimbursement
- Social activities
- Holiday party, BBQ’s fun all hands on meetings, golf outings, contests, etc.
- Charitable activities
- Make-A-Wish Foundation and Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA) and others
- Open door policy
- Annual performance reviews.
The Company reserves the right to vary your duties and responsibilities at any time during the employment relationship. Our positions are not structured narrowly and when necessary, you may be called upon to lend your talents in areas that would not normally be associated with the position for which you were hired.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.