Book Bike Summer Assistant
Are you looking for a highly engaging and physically active summer job that lets you spend most of your time outdoors? The Book Bike Assistant is a temporary 12-week position which runs from May to August and promises a lot of fun! We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who is versatile, friendly, and enjoys providing top-notch customer service and who can comfortably ride an oversized bicycle. The mix of duties will include:
- Riding the Book Bike to various neighborhood locations, including community parks and farmer’s markets to represent the library.
- Assisting Mobile Library Services staff members and/or Book Bike Buddies with tasks.
- Circulating library materials and creating new library card accounts using a mobile checkout system.
- Stocking and unloading library materials on/off the Book Bike.
- Engaging with community members around the Summer Reading Program and other library related events and programs.
- Assisting on the Bookmobile and other library vehicles from time to time as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to safely ride the Book Bike a minimum of 10 miles.
- Completion of Bicycle Safety training will be required.
- Previous customer service experience preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with basic computer applications.
- Experience working with children a plus.
- Bilingual Spanish/English language skills a plus.
Pay Rate: $16.00 per hour.
Application Deadline → April 10, 2023 or Until Filled.
Please review the full job description and consider joining our family friendly Library. Click here to download the Employment Application and save as a pdf file.
Submit a cover letter, resume, and the Employment Application to → email@example.com.