Adhesive - Manufacturer
The History of H.B. Fuller
Our founder, Harvey Benjamin Fuller, had a vision more than a century ago to formulate innovative, convenient and economical adhesives. That spirit still permeates everything we do today as a global leader in adhesive technology.
It all began in 1887 when the company introduced Fuller’s Premium Liquid Fish Glue, which was known to “cement everything” from tin cans for mechanics to barrels for factories. Fueled by the success of his first adhesive, Harvey Fuller formulated more specialized adhesives, including Fuller’s Premium Wet Paste Adhesive used for gluing shoes, hanging wallpaper, mending books, attaching labels and manufacturing boxes. And, we’ve been solutions-minded since our earliest days. Harvey Fuller invented adjustable scaffolding so wet paste adhesive customers could hang wallpaper more safely. Throughout our history, H.B. Fuller has built upon our knowledge to continually innovate. From the first hot pick-up “gum” to being one of the first U.S. companies to specialize in waterproof adhesives, H.B. Fuller has paved the way for adhesives to improve products and lives across the globe. Today, our focus on innovation brings together people, products and processes that answer and solve some of the world’s biggest adhesion challenges.
We are connecting what matters™.