Did you know that every Chamber member gets a wide range of marketing with their membership, including…
- Member profile on this website - Rated #1 reason for joining
- Listing in annual the print directory - mailed to over 5,500
- New member welcome in the printed newsletter, ENews, Daily Herald, social media outlets, and kiosk display
- Member renewal recognition in printed newsletter, Enews, and Social Media
- Commemorative ceremonies & ribbon cuttings
Learn More About Commemorative Ceremonies & Ribbon Cuttings
Commemorative Ceremonies & Ribbon Cuttings
Whether you are celebrating a grand opening, a grand re-opening, or a new service or business venture, the Elgin Area Chamber Chamber will provide your business with a ribbon cutting ceremony at no cost. For a ribbon cutting ceremony description, please continue reading. You must be a current Chamber member in good standing for the Elgin Area Chamber to organize or participate in your ribbon cutting.
By hosting a ribbon cutting, you can: Introduce both the public and Chamber members to your business, announce your ribbon cutting on the Chamber’s Community Calendar and eNewsletter, familiarize the public and Chamber members with your product/services, and begin/develop a customer base. Ribbon cutting ceremonies are included with membership.
The Elgin Area Chamber will…
- Notify the Chamber’s Board of Directors of your event
- Notify the Mayor, City Council and /or Elected officials of your event and request their attendance
- Notify the news media of your event
- List your ribbon cutting on the Chamber’s online calendar and in the eNewsletter
- Share the event via the Chamber’s social media outlets
- Bring the ceremonial ribbon for the cutting, and coordinate using the ceremonial scissors
- Take pictures at the event and publish in our newsletter, website and social media outlets
While the Chamber will assist with the ribbon cutting, we strongly encourage you to conduct your own additional promotion to increase the attendance and awareness of your business’s opening. Please understand that you should not rely solely on the Chamber to attract your audience.
- Schedule your event using our ribbon cutting application at least two weeks in advance.
-Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays are usually the best days of the week for business people.
- Please be aware that holiday and weekend ribbon cuttings can have lower attendance
- Food and beverages are not required but many members provide them.
Chamber members can also take advantage of any of the paid advertising:
Email - Ad in Weekly Tuesday Digital Newsletter
Advertising in the Weekly E-mail Blast is a tremendous opportunity to communicate with approximately 1,600 Elgin Area Chamber contacts on our membership e-mail list. We will do our best to give you your first choice of dates, given the desire for advertising by our members.
All you need to do is give us your information in the format needed and we’ll do the rest! The layout of ads will be completed by the Chamber staff to match our established color scheme, fonts, and blast layout. We’ll even provide a link to your website at no additional charge! The content file(s) needs to be to us the Thursday preceding the desired Tuesday e-newsletter edition. Graphics supplied should be clear of all copyrights.
Email - Chambertisment
Advertising in a Chambertisement one-time direct mail is a tremendous opportunity to communicate with approximately 1,600+ Elgin Area Chamber contacts on our membership list. This is an exclusive advertising opportunity for you to advertise your business. We will do our best to give you your first choice of dates, given the desire for advertising by our members.
The Chambertisement dimensions are 8.5”x11” (standard letter size). Members should submit a .JPG file with the design ready, the link to your website and a preferred subject line. A Chamber design fee of $50 an hour is available to Members who may wish to have assistance with creating the design.
Cost: $199.00 each
Website Banner Ads
Make a LOCAL Impression
Increase your local presence and gain credibility for your business on elginchamber.com. With online display advertising, you will make a good impression by promoting your service and products on an engaging, authoritative, and credible website. Stand-out on the Elgin Area’s go-to website!
Leaderboard 480 x 60
SkyScraper 160 x up to 600
Right column, Pick Your Page!
Featured Member 499 x 300
Home Page, and includes
Shout-out with logo in eblast or EAC Facebook
Design Service Available: $59.00 per ad, free with advertising purchase of $300 or more.