• Elgin's current facility closures and programming cancellations extended through at least April 7

    Elgin Facility Closures and Programming Cancellations Extended


    Elgin's current facility closures and programming cancellations extended through at least April 7

    Elgin, IL - Consistent with the Governor's Stay at Home Order timeline, Elgin's current facility closures and class, program and event cancellations are extended through at least April 7. 
    Facilities Closed to the Public

    • City Hall
    • The Edward Schock Centre of Elgin
    • Eastside Recreation Center 
    • Bowes Creek Country Club
    • Highlands of Elgin
    • Wing Park Golf Course
    • Hawthorne Hill Nature Center  *Trails remain open from dawn until dusk
    • Elgin Sports Complex
    • Hemmens Cultural Center
    • Elgin Art Showcase
    • Elgin Police Department Lobby
    Elgin's 76 parks remain open, but playgrounds are closed. Residents can still walk, run, ride their bikes or walk their dogs. These activities cannot be done in groups. Rather, outdoor activity should be solo or with a household partner only. Remember to practicing social distancing.

    Public Meetings
    All regularly scheduled board and commission meetings are cancelled or postponed during this time period. 

    While facilities are closed, the City of Elgin is still open for business.

    How can you pay your water bill?
    Pay your water bill online at cityofelgin.org/waterbill, over the phone (call 311) or place a check in the drop box outside the entrance to City Hall.

    Water service will be maintained on delinquent accounts until further notice. Staff will continue issuing notices of delinquency, but late fees will be waived and payment plans arranged for those experiencing economic hardships during this time.

    City service requests and information?
    Call 311 or email elgin311@cityofelgin.org. Our citizen advocates are happy to assist you.

    How can I get and pay for a permit?
    Submit permits, submit plans, request inspections or ask any other questions related to the issuance or payment of a permit by emailing permits@cityofelgin.org. This email inbox will be monitored in real time by community development staff during regular business hours. Make sure to provide accurate contact information including your email address and phone number so staff can contact you. Be as descriptive as possible with your request to enhance staff's ability to respond.

    How can you pay your tickets or citations?
    Municipal parking tickets, speeding tickets and code citations can also be paid online at cityofelgin.org/paybill

    How can you file a non-emergency police report?
    Instead of having a police officer show up in person, you can report non-emergency police issues over the phone at 847-289-2700 or through the online reporting system. Reports for accidental damage to property, burglary to vehicle, harassing/annoying phone calls, theft, vandalism to vehicle, accidental damage to vehicle, gas stations drive-off, lost/mislaid property and vandalism can be submitted online at cityofelgin.org/policereport.
    See the City’s website for the most updated information: cityofelgin.org/coronavirus

    For more information, contact Molly Gillespie at 847-931-5613.