Elgin Allows Temporary Sales and Delivery of ''To Go'' Mixed Drinks/Cocktails
Elgin Allows Temporary Sales and Delivery of "To Go" Mixed Drinks/Cocktails
Mayor Kaptain Signs Proclamation and Order to Allow Temporary "To Go" Cocktails for Certain Liquor Licenses
Elgin, IL - The City of Elgin announces the temporary allowance of "to go" mixed drinks and cocktails for those liquor licenses permitted for onsite sales and consumption of alcohol.
On Wednesday, June 10, Mayor Kaptain signed a proclamation and order which temporarily allows bars and restaurants to offer the sales and delivery of "to go" mixed drinks and cocktails, subject to requirements and restrictions of the Illinois Liquor Control Commission (listed below). This applies only to liquor licensees authorized for on premise sales and consumption. This authorization is temporary and will remain in effect until June 2, 2021, or until otherwise rescinded by the order of the Mayor, the City of Elgin Liquor Commission or the Elgin city council. The City of Elgin is committed to working with restaurants and bars that have faced hardships during the pandemic and phases of recovery plan, and this measure provides one more option to help increase sales.
- Illinois Liquor Control Commission COVID-19 Related Action: Sales and Delivery of "To Go" Mixed Drinks/Cocktails (June 2, 2020)
- 235 ILCS 5-6-28.8 Delivery and carry out of mixed drinks permitted
- Illinois Liquor Control Commission COVID-19 Compliance Frequently Asked Questions (Updated June 2, 2020)
- Elgin Proclamation and Order Regarding Temporary Sales and Delivery of To Go Mixed Drinks for Certain Liquor Licenses.
City of Elgin Resource Mapping Hub
- Many restaurants and their current service offerings are already listed on the City of Elgin's Resource Mapping Hub, where residents can go for updated and accurate information. Businesses are encouraged to update their service offerings on the City of Elgin's Resource Mapping Hub by completing the form at cityofelgin.org/MapChangeRequest. Once the form is completed, the City's graphic information systems (GIS) team can update those service offering displayed on the map.
*If a business is not yet listed on the resource mapping hub, it can be added by completing the signup form at cityofelgin.org/bizsurvey.
For more information, contact Molly Gillespie at 847-931-5613.