U-46 Board of Education Seeks Candidate to Fill Vacant Board Seat
ELGIN – The School District U-46 Board of Education on Wednesday announced the selection process it intends to follow to fill a vacant seat on the Board. The successful candidate will serve until the next Board election, which will occur in April 2019.
Interested individuals who now live within School District U-46 and who meet the requirements of state law to serve as a Board member can send a one-page letter of interest and resume to:
Secretary to the Board of Education
355 E. Chicago St.
Elgin, Illinois 60120
OR by email to:
The deadline for receipt of the required materials is 5 p.m. Wednesday, May 9, 2018. Questions may be sent to Board@u-46.org.
State law requires candidates to:
In addition, interested individuals should note that employees of the school district are ineligible as are individuals who currently hold a public office that is incompatible with the role of a school board member. Child sex offenders as defined by state law are also prohibited from serving on a board of education.
Interested individuals should also note that Board of Education members serve without compensation.
The vacancy on the Board comes after Board member Traci O’Neal Ellis resigned her seat on Monday, April 23. She had been elected to a second term in April 2015.
- Be a citizen of the United States;
- Be 18 years of age or over at the time of selection;
- Be a resident of the State of Illinois and live within the boundaries of School District U-46 for at least one year immediately preceding selection;
- Be a registered voter in the district; and,
- File a Statement of Economic Interest form with the Kane County Clerk’s Office.