This is the Privacy Statement of the Elgin Area Chamber of Commerce. We understand that our members and Web site visitors are concerned about the privacy of information. We have established policies and procedures concerning the collection, use and security of your information that will help protect your privacy. Our Privacy Statement is designed to help us serve our members and visitors while maintaining strict privacy and security standards.
How can you reach the Chamber?
Elgin Area Chamber of Commerce
31 South Grove Avenue
Elgin, IL 60120
Telephone at (847) 741-5660
What information do we collect from our Web site visitors?
For each visitor to our Web site, our Web server collects:
• The domain name, but not the e-mail address of visitors to our Web site.
• The username of registered users who sign in to the Web site.
• The e-mail addresses of those who communicate with us via e-mail.
• Aggregate information on what pages users access or visit.
• Information volunteered by the user, such as survey information and/or site registrations.
How is this information used?
The information we collect is used for internal review and is then discarded. We do not share this information with other organizations for commercial purposes.
The collected information is used:
• To improve the content of our Web site.
• To respond to specific inquiries by users.
We collect the e-mail addresses of visitors to our Web site when visitors provide them, the e-mail addresses of those who communicate with us via e-mail, and information volunteered by the visitor, such as survey information, contract information and/or site registrations. We do not automatically collect any of this information from our Web site visitors. If you do not want to receive emails from us in the future, please let us know by sending us an email, calling us, or writing to us. Refer to the “Contact Us” section for the contact information.
If you supply us with your postal address online, you may receive periodic mailings from us with information on new products and services or upcoming events. If you supply us with your telephone number online, you may receive telephone contact from us with information regarding new products and services or upcoming events.
If you do not want to receive an email, postal mailing, or phone calls from us in the future, please let us know by sending us an email, calling us, or writing to us. Refer to the “Contact Us” section for the contact information.
From time to time, we may use customer information for new, unanticipated uses not previously disclosed in our privacy notice. If our information practices change at some time in the future, we will post the policy changes to our Web site to notify you of these changes and provide you with the ability to opt out of these new uses. If you are concerned about how your information is used, you should check back at our Web site periodically.
How is our information secured?
We have appropriate security measures in place in our physical facilities to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information that we have collected from you at our Web site.
If you feel that this site is not following its stated information policy, you may contact:
• The Elgin Area Chamber of Commerce at our addresses or phone number.
• State or local chapters of the Better Business Bureau.
• State or local consumer protection office.
• The Federal Trade Commission by phone at 202-FTC-HELP (202-382-4357) or electronically at FTC Consumer Complaint Form.