All business owners and HR professionals know from running a business the importance of “Documentation.” Michael Wong, a Partner with the law firm, SmithAmundsen LLC will discuss in a free webinar that not all documentation is “Good Documentation.” Often times, the defense of employment claims and litigation can hinge on proper or improper documentation by the employer.
Co-sponsored by the Fox Valley SHRM, mark your calendars to join us for this webinar where you will receive HRCI and SHRM credit
for participating on August 29!
Indeed, while you cannot stop an employee from suing you, you can take preventative measures in implementing policies setting forth expectations and procedures for documenting issues within the workplace that you can use to defend yourself. During this session you will learn:
- The importance of good documentation
- How to effectively document discipline and performance issues
- Common mistakes to avoid in documenting discipline and performance issues
- How to rehabilitate employees’ bad conduct or behaviors with documentation
- Best practices in documenting issues to support you in defending against claims by a disgruntled employee
This webinar is presented by the Elgin Area Chamber and the Illinois Fox Valley Chapter SHRM and will take place on Wednesday, August 29 from Noon to 1:00 pm.
Please register and we will send an email just before the event with the telephone number to call and connect to the webinar.