How COVID Helped A New Coffee Shop Succeed
Presented by Ryan Weckerly, Morningstar Media Group
9:00 – 10:00 a.m. Wednesday, May 19, 2021
Six months before COVID-19, Ryan and Karen Weckerly opened a coffee roastery. Then March 2020 hit. Join Ryan as he discusses how he and his wife Karen used technology, social media, and Amazon to pivot their business model. What was initially planned as an in-house coffee roaster and tasting experience, with limited retail hours and only for small groups turned quickly into a full-scale retail destination, featuring a full menu of custom drinks and roasted coffees, available seven-days-a-week via contactless curbside pickup at a custom-built outdoor kiosk. Learn more about how Ryan and Karen continued to build their new business with online retail sales via their website and Amazon, all while creating an experience for local patrons through a new, greatly expanded retail storefront and Coffee Bar.
Attendees will learn:
- To adapt business models utilizing technology and social media
- How to successfully pivot with significantly reduced revenue
- A quick view into utilizing Amazon as an online retail outlet
- How to leverage social media to create new fans and brand loyal followers with examples of organic and paid social strategies
- How COVID-19 continues to change the retail landscape, and how a pandemic helped us think creatively and succeed
Crucial Business Components to Success
Presented by Amanda Brinkman/Small Business Revolution
9:00 – 10:00 a.m. Wednesday, June 16, 2021
Amanda will share the lessons learned in working with small businesses across the country, offering the audience actionable advice on marketing and communication best practices. Often small businesses feel they can’t afford the time or fiscal investment in marketing, but Amanda is often quoted saying small businesses can’t afford to NOT to invest in marketing.
She will share insights of the most important focus areas of your brand and digital footprint, sharing case studies from real businesses featured in the Small Business Revolution series.
More information, including the first 5 seasons of the Small Business Revolution, can be found at smallbusinessrevolution.org.
The Art of Pivoting: Strategies for Developing a Flexible Business Model for the Future
Presented by Julie Shields, President/CEO, USASBE
9:00 – 10:00 a.m. Wednesday, July 21, 2021
The COVID-19 Pandemic has caused changes to business models in every industry. Learn how three business owners pivoted to extend their brand identity using technology and social media. Listening to customer's wants and needs has never been so important. The discussion will include how to use data to make your next move. This session will include time for Q&A on how you can apply these concepts to your specific industry.
- tips for "listening" to your customer's new behaviors
- identifying customers as key influencers.
Sales and Marketing to Help You Dominate Your Market
Presented by Bill Guertin – the 800 Pound Gorilla
9:00 – 10:00 a.m. Wednesday, August 18, 2021
What should small businesses be doing in sales and marketing to succeed in the “new” competitive landscape? Bill Guertin is known as “The 800-Pound Gorilla of Sales”, and in this presentation, you’ll learn what’s working NOW in sales and marketing, what’s predicted to work going forward, and what techniques may need to be re-tooled or abandoned altogether. You’ll come away with several specific ideas to increase your business visibility, your brand value, and your bottom line.
- Better understand the new dynamics of the marketplace, and what is driving buying decisions
- Be able to more effectively use readily available sales and marketing tools to succeed
- Be introduced to brand new tools and techniques to consider in 2021 and beyond