KidSpace Early Literacy Associate
Do you have a passion for bringing the library to life for our youngest customers? Are you excited about early literacy and find working with children, parents, and teachers energizing? Do you love reading stories and singing songs with preschoolers? We are looking for a creative and enthusiastic person to join our KidSpace Department at the Main Library. You will be part of a 5-Star organization whose mission is to inspire imagination & transformation. Candidates must have experience planning and presenting Storytimes and large-scale events. In addition, candidates must be proficient with technology, possess strong customer service and reader's advisory skills, able to work in a fast-paced environment, and—most importantly—must enjoy working with children of all ages.
In this role you will:
- Plan and present weekly preschool programs and events.
- Help plan and present large-scale early literacy and family events.
- Provide reader's advisory and reference assistance to children and their caregivers.
- Create themed book displays for the Early Learning Center in the KidSpace Department.
You will need to be:
- Friendly, outgoing, and able to build relationships at all levels.
- Experienced in providing excellent customer service.
- Experienced in planning and presenting Storytimes in small and large groups.
- Knowledgeable about children's books, materials, and technology trends in education.
- Able to collaborate with a team and work one-on-one with customers and staff.
- A motivated self-starter with a strong work ethic and excellent time management skills.
- Mindful, adaptable, and open to new ideas and feedback.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience working with children.
- Excellent presentation skills for groups of all sizes and ages.
- Early literacy experience.
- Public library experience desirable.
- Spanish language skills are a plus.
18 hours per week; School Year 2022-2023 schedule is: Tuesday 5 – 9pm, Wednesday 8:30am - 2:30pm, Thursday 5-9, Saturday - every other 9am – 5pm. Schedule may change seasonally.
Pay rate: $19.00 per hour.
Application Deadline → Open Until Filled
Your skills and experience are important to us. Take the leap and apply, you just might be the person we are looking for! Please review the full job description and click here to download the Employment Application and save as a pdf file. Submit the Application, a cover letter, and resume to → firstname.lastname@example.org.