Manufacturing Supervisor - 3rd Shift
On any given day, every moment matters to someone, somewhere. And every moment, Motorola Solutions’ innovations, products and services play essential roles in people’s lives. We help firefighters see around buildings and police officers see around street corners. We keep utility workers connected and visible to each other with real-time voice and data communication across the smart grid. And we provide the situational awareness first responders need when a moment brings catastrophe. We help people be their best in their moments that matter.
Supervise multiple areas in a fast paced environment with 3 Value Streams, a Warehouse, Receiving and Shipping. We manufacture 2 way radio communications and our equipment is considered high end military grade. We are a Lean Manufacturing facility and drive many of our metrics thru lean initiatives.
- Maintain thorough product knowledge and in-depth troubleshooting experience
- Assure that the VS’s, warehouse, shipping and receiving meet their daily & weekly production schedules.
- Work closely with NPI team to successfully launch new products, platforms and configurations
- Facilitate ongoing production for assigned VS’s, warehouse, shipping and receiving, striving to achieve 100% on-time delivery and defect-free products.
- Lead the VS’s warehouse, shipping and receiving to achieve daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly goals on all metrics.
- Drive continuous improvements to improve all areas metrics.
- Assure 5S implementation/sustaining.
- Maintain positive employee relations and foster a general feeling of identity and loyalty within each workgroup.
- Promote development to all members of the team to act at their highest potential.
- Create continuous improvement plans based on relevant area measures.
- Participate in cost reduction ideas and implementation.
- Take responsibility and coordination of production VS’s along with warehouse, shipping and receiving.
- Lead by example.
- Work with your manager pertaining to any employee or contractor disciplinary issues.
- Must enjoy working in an extremely fast paced environment.
- Will be supervising up to 160 associates.
Please apply online at: https://krb-xjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/home/HomeWithPreLoad?PageType=JobDetails&partnerid=30162&siteid=5286&jobid=210370#jobDetails=210370_5286
- Associates Degree – Bachelor’s Preferred
- Manufacturing Processes Knowledge
- Manufacturing Equipment Operation
- Production Process Knowledge
- Computer Skills – Excel Skills, Microsoft Office – Google Sheets, Google Office A Plus
- Some knowledge of 5S
- Lean Manufacturing Exposure A Plus
- 2+ years experience Supervising a Value Stream and/or Business Unit