Position: Family Advocate (Full-time)
Reports to: Program Director
● Interview potential applicants and assist in making final decisions regarding acceptance into the
● Participate in second/third interviews and complete reference checks for potential clients.
● Develop program contracts and goals with each of their clients.
● Provide direct service to assigned clients (6-10 clients at any given time), including biweekly
meetings with clients for the first year and monthly meetings thereafter.
● Work with clients to establish and work within a budget according to the program guidelines.
● Work with clients on key areas that will move them along the client pathway, including savings,
debt repayment, credit repair, job stability and increasing income.
● Provide crisis management, telephone contact and meetings outside of normal business hours
in the event of a client emergency
● Provide coaching, problem solving, life skills training, supportive counseling, advocacy and
referral to their clients
● Oversee apartment move-ins and move-outs with assigned clients.
● Inspect client apartments every six months
● Participate in the planning and facilitation of FH organizational events.
● Maintain up-to-date administrative paperwork and client files
● Participate in regular family advocate calibration meetings.
● Participate in regular 1:1 meetings with Program Director to review client progress
● Perform other duties as required by the Program Director.
● Minimum requirement of a Bachelor degree, preferably in Social Work or in Education, or
equivalent professional experience. Preference given to someone with a Master’s degree in Social Work
or a related field.
● Ability to meet with clients in the evening is required.