Youth Leadership Academy (YLA)
YLA is looking for enthusiastic, mature, committed Volunteer Youth Mentors for 2019 - 2020 school year.
Volunteers will receive a $500.00 stipend at the end of each semester.
Here are some of the duties and responsibilities that must be followed:
- Must commit to some Saturdays
- Must have a bachelor’s degree or at least 2 years of college and is pursuing a 4 year college degree from an accredited college or university.
- Bilingual a plus but not required
- Must have experience and enjoy working with young people
- Excellent understanding and sensitivity to cultural and socio-economic issues
- Highly motivated, self-disciplined and skilled in organization planning and communication
- Highly willing to work in a collaborative team environment
- Must have a positive and professional attitude, patience and a good sense of humor
- Must agree to a background check